Valentines Day Ideas
Non-Romantic Valentines Ideas
There are many types of love. Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be a day to celebrate only romantic love but familial love, friendship, and compassion. Here are some ways to celebrate non-romantic love on or near February 14.
- Volunteer to cheer up someone’s day at an animal shelter. Who doesn’t find cuddling animals soothing and cheerful?
- You can also volunteer at a senior center. What better way to lift someone’s day that may feel forgotten and make you both happy? Some senior centers host dances or other social activities on Valentines Day. Just showing them that there’s someone willing to pay attention to them can lift their day.
- If you’re feeling crafty, make cookies or other treats to hand out to your friends. Perhaps make your own valentines cards for your friends, family or co-workers.
- Start something new. Whether its a new language, recipe, craft or fashion. Trying something new can always add a spring to your step.
- You can host a bake sale and donate the proceeds to the charity of your choice. Spreading the love to others is always a way to make you feel joyful.
- Pamper yourself is also a way to show love. Some people never spend time focusing on themselves and always feel stretched too far. Having a spa day, watching a movie or trying a new restaurant are all ways get pampered on Valentine’s Day.